Do you want to make money on the side?
I'm talking about tangible ways to make extra income from home.
Are you tired of working for others?
Do you want to make your own rules?
Extra cash is something many people need.
If you are looking for a hustle idea on making extra income, then this is the place for you. We have listed a few of our favorite side hustles that we know work and will help you start today!
You can start making extra money in your spare time with these great side hustles for women ideas. Whether it's doing something online or offline, there is something here for everyone
1. Become a Personal Shopper
If you're looking for a way to make money on the side or even full-time, then becoming a personal shopper is perfect for you.
A personal shopper at a clothing store helps clients find the perfect outfit for any occasion. To become one, many stores require their personal shoppers to have previous retail experience or at least a good knowledge of fashion.
In addition, be sure you have a good command of the English language and that you are comfortable with taking measurements and speaking with customers. If you're a salesperson now, you might even want to consider going back to school for additional education.
As a personal shopper, your job will be to find outfits that match an individual's style and preferences. You'll help them shop online or in-store by providing feedback on their choices and helping them decide what looks best.
Personal shoppers are paid anywhere from $15-$100 per hour, depending on where they live and how much experience they have. This is a great part-time side hustle if you're looking to earn extra money while doing something fun! Or it can be your main full-time job if you want to be a fashion consultant!
A personal shopper really works as a stylist to help an individual-or client- find their perfect outfit. More than ever, people are using a personal shopping service because they value service over style, privacy, and convenience.
Personal Shopper Tips
- Find out what your local stores are looking for to fill personal shopping needs (city, age group, or certain gender).
- Make a list of stores in your area and call each one to ask about personal shopping positions.
- If the business doesn't need a full-time personal shopper or if you want to work in a different area of the fashion world, find out about other opportunities, such as an assistant or an intern.
2. Resume Writer
Resume writing is something anyone can do at home. This makes it the perfect opportunity for stay-at-home moms or others who want more flexibility in their lives.
You can start a freelance resume service without ever stepping inside of a classroom.
You might think that being a resume writer means sitting around all day dreaming up fresh ways of writing the same old thing over again-but you'd be wrong!
Your main job is to produce professional resumes for your clients; however, potential employers often use these documents as little snapshots of who someone is before the interview.
Being a resume writer is not just about making pretty text and formatting it as nicely as possible. You have to help your clients present themselves well in the document, highlighting their qualifications and experience to get more interviews.
It's important to know what jobs people are looking for, how employers want resumes formatted, and how they're going to read them. These nuances can make or break an interview opportunity!
Writing a resume is not an easy task. It requires time, patience, and creativity to make it perfect for the job in question. The pay rate varies widely based on the industry and complexity of the resume itself. Still, one can earn up to $58,000 annually just by writing resumes.
Finding resume writing jobs might be difficult in the beginning. Still, suppose you search for open positions on popular freelance sites like Upwork and Fiverr. In that case, you'll have a much easier time finding a role that suits your qualifications.
You can also find recruitment agencies through LinkedIn that are looking for freelance resume writers. Any of these options will give you the best chance at landing a great resume writing gig!
Resume Writer Tips
- Pick a specialty.
- Think about what’s right for your target audience.
- Set your prices.
- Start marketing.
3. Mystery Shopper
Are you looking for a fun way to make some extra money?
Mystery shopping is one of the best ways to get paid for doing something you already do.
It's also great because it doesn't require any special skills or training, just your time and attention. You can work as much or as little as you want!
It's an excellent option for people who don't want to work 9-5 jobs.
What does a Mystery Shopper do?
For those who don't know, mystery shopping is a way for companies to get consumer opinions about their products by having shoppers visit stores and restaurants and rate the experience.
It's really cool because companies will pay you to sample products and services, and all you have to do is tell them what you think about it.
And if you aren't into that, there are some other options…
You can get a mystery shopping job with a company that hires out people as field investigators to work on fraud cases or “mystery shop” situations related to personal injury claims.
It's like being an investigator but with a more active role in testing for errors and fraud. Fascinating stuff!
But if you are looking for something a little more mellow, you can always get what the industry calls “home-based” mystery shopping.
The good part about working from home is that it can be done in your pajamas or whatever. You're not on someone else's schedule.
Reputable Mystery Shopping Companies
1. CPP is probably the most well-known and most prominent company in the world that provides mystery shopping opportunities.
They were founded in the United States and now have offices around the world.
Their business model is to have independent contractors shop local businesses and rate their experience. And this can be a great job opportunity for people who enjoy eating out and shopping. CPP pays every week, which makes it worth your time!
2. Mystery shopping companies like Infosurv and Office Visit Partners provide home-based opportunities to mystery shop for claims investigators.
They handle cases related to personal injury claims and also fraud investigations.
3. Mystery Shopping Providers Association is known as the “official” home of mystery shopping. They are based out of San Diego, California.
They offer information and education resources for various industries that hire mystery shoppers, such as retail stores, restaurants, financial institutions/banks, etc…
And you can find other mystery shopping companies by searching the internet, or simply just by Googling “mystery shopping.”
Mystery Shopper Tips
- Read the fine print for anything you sign and be sure the company is reputable and pays their shoppers on time (and pays well).
- Try to work for a variety of companies to avoid getting bored.
- Find out if there are any opportunities near you so that you can just walk around and do your shopping!
Good luck, and happy shopping!!
Babysitting is a lucrative but often thankless job.
Many potential babysitters think that they are not qualified because of the difficulties involved, but this couldn't be farther from the truth.
Babysitting has evolved and now requires more responsibility for those who want to get their feet wet in the field.
The first step to becoming a great babysitter is being honest with yourself about your qualifications and experience level.
Are you comfortable around children?
Do you have any special skills or training that would make you better at your job? If so, don't hesitate to mention it!
You will need some basic supplies before starting work as a sitter. This includes things like food (for both kids and adults), diapers, wipes, toys/games/books for entertainment purposes, etc…
It's also important to remember that most families will provide transportation if needed. However, there may be times when you'll need your own car or public transportation access to fulfill all employment obligations.
Most importantly, though – just relax! This isn't rocket science; it's just taking care of other people's kids while they're out having fun themselves!
How Much Does a Babysitter Make a Day?
With higher standards come more opportunities for both parents and paychecks: on average, qualified babysitters can make between $8-$20 per hour depending on experience, location, and any other special requirements set by a parent or guardian.
- The best way to find clients for your babysitting service is through word of mouth and referrals.
- Let everyone know you are available to babysit. Before you know it, you will likely have several babysitting jobs lined up.
- Some websites connect caregivers with potential clients, such as Care.com & Sitter.com.
5. Walk Dogs
Do you love to walk dogs?
If so, then starting a business walking dogs is an excellent and fun way to earn money. You just need the right tools…
Dog walkers charge by the mile or per session.
It's a good idea to have a schedule that includes regular visits for each dog to grow your business and get more customers.
To start, you need to find a niche market for your dog walking services. Dog walkers need to build their reputations and find customers.
Ask your family and friends where they take their dogs. Make a list of local veterinarians and groomers, and ask if they need any dog walking services.
When you contact these businesses, make sure you have multiple cards available to hand out.
You can create your own cards using a simple layout program or plain text on a Word document.
You should also hang some flyers around your neighborhood and post some on community bulletin boards. Make sure they feature colorful pictures of dogs on them.
You can use social media marketing tools like Facebook groups or Instagram hashtags to help you reach more people who might be interested in dog walking services.
Post updates on your dog walking business page with photos of dogs that you walked and testimonials from happy pet owners.
As your business begins to grow, consider expanding by offering additional services like pet sitting and dog training.
Dog walking is a fun side hustle, especially if you have a dog-loving personality.
It's also flexible since you can work on your own schedule and set your own fees. This is an excellent job for college students, stay-at-home moms, or retirees.
Certain breeds, including many larger dogs, are more suited for outdoor walking.
If a dog walker requires someone to come to your home, you will need to be available for the daily walk. Pet owners need to know that a professional pet sitter is hired to walk that pet on their behalf.
Dog Walking Tips
- Have a pet-friendly personality.
- Know your dog breeds.
- Obtain insurance and licenses.
- Choose a schedule that works for you.
- Find clients within walking distance of home.
- Provide helpful information to your customers.
- Offer affordable rates and package deals.
- Keep up with technology by using scheduling platforms, apps, and social media sites like Facebook and Instagram to reach potential customers.
6. House Sit
House sitting is the perfect side hustle for women. House sitting can be a part-time job for extra income or a full-time job.
The main advantage of house sitting is that you can get paid to enjoy someone else's home's comfort and security.
House sitting is not a chance to take advantage of the homeowner or their property. You are entrusted with watering plants, feeding pets, and locking up the house for them during their vacation.
It is essential to take care of a house when you are house sitting. You can't just live there and do your own thing. It's not fair to the owner.
They need to know that someone will be taking care of what they're letting out and living in, so it has to be somebody who knows how.
House sitting is an affordable way to travel as you stay in a private home for free. Most travelers spend their money on the cost of accommodations, but this is not the case when house sitting.
House Sitting Tips
- Sign up with websites like Trustedhousesitters and Housecarers.
- Tell your friends and family about your house sitting business.
- Offer freebies to your clients for referrals.
- You can specialize in pet-sitting or house-sitting.
7. Tutor over Skype
Do you have a passion for teaching?
Tutoring online is an exciting way to make money from home. You can set your own hours and tutor students in any subject that you are knowledgeable about.
It's the perfect opportunity to share your knowledge with others while making some income on the side!
Skype tutoring has been a popular alternative to in-person tutoring for years. This is because it is more convenient and efficient than traditional methods of teaching.
Skype can be used from anywhere with internet access.
The sessions also involve less time per week due to this convenience, making learning easier for students who have busy lives outside of school.
With Skype and other video chat technology, teachers and students can collaborate more efficiently than ever. They can even share a screen at the same time, which eliminates lots of hassle.
Teachers often live in different countries, so it's helpful that one does not have to be near their teacher to Skype with them.
This is especially true for students who are learning English. They may speak a different language at home or spend summers abroad.
Many people take jobs as online tutors without any formal training or certification. Current college students may work for some of these companies. Still, many require a degree and previous experience in teaching or tutoring.
If you love helping people, want more flexibility and freedom in your schedule, or just need a little more money, then this could be the job for you!
Online Tutoring Companies:
Chegg has been in the online tutoring business for years. They have a significant presence, and they've got a long history as well. They offer lots of subjects, so no matter what type of person you are, there's something for everyone. One thing that sets them apart is that they don't require most of their tutors to have teaching credentials or advanced degrees. If you're just starting out on your career path, then this might be an opportunity worth exploring!
Brainfuse is a unique online tutoring company that has set the bar high. Not only does it offer jobs for tutors in subjects geared towards students of all levels, but it also expects the best from its employees. Brainfuse requires all of their employees to have at least a bachelor's degree and be available to tutor during weekdays from 9am-6pm PST (Pacific Standard Time).
TutorMe is one of the best online tutoring platforms. It makes testing prep and after-school tutoring a local, online experience. The site caters to middle, high school, and college students who need help in various subjects such as math, science, English, and even foreign languages. With an established network of over 300 tutors ready to offer their service, the site provides a convenient online tutoring experience since it is available at any time after school hours.
4. PrepNow Tutoring
PrepNow is a top solution to anyone who wants to be an online tutor, joining a team of successful tutors in the classroom. For those who might not know, it is a virtual classroom experience. Students from all over the country enroll in classes that best suit their needs, like math, SAT, or ACT prep. These students are scattered throughout North America, and you will teach them online on a one-on-one basis.
Although Skooli offers tutoring positions in subjects from K-12 all the way up to college levels, their primary focus is language tutoring. So if you're a language tutor and confident enough to teach high school-level courses, you're good to go.
There are a lot of tutors on Skooli from all around the globe. Skooli provides you with an online marketplace to share your talent in teaching your favorite subjects. They've helped multiple Language tutors earn an income from freelance and flexible job opportunities.
Skype Tutoring Tips
- Choose a subject that you are passionate about.
- Research the online tutor companies to find one that fits your needs.
- Create a professional teaching space in your home.
- Match yourself with a student that you feel comfortable tutoring.
8. Become a Virtual Assistant
If you have experience as a personal assistant or administrative assistant, virtual assistant work might be for you. Companies need assistants to take on a variety of tasks, depending on the skills and expertise that an individual has.
It's possible to be a virtual assistant in your spare time, working remotely for various companies while taking care of your own life and obligations at the same time.
Since so much of the work can be done online, you can do it from home. This means you don't have to work a traditional 9-to-5 job unless you want to.
You might gain experience with marketing, public relations and communications by working for different companies. You learn basic administrative skills as well as office skills, and there is a lot of variety in the type of tasks that you complete on any given day.
You can avoid the high cost of living in an expensive city that is difficult to afford under the best of circumstances.
You can travel to different places and meet new people on your own terms. You don't have to waste time commuting and waste gas. You can be where you want to be when you want to be there.
You can learn from professional people in your field of work. They might teach you something new or show you a better way to do things.
You can create your own schedule, making it easier to find the time to work when you need to. You can take on the projects that interest you and do them on your own terms, when it's convenient for you instead of when someone else tells you to do it.
What skills do you need to become a virtual assistant?
You don't need any special skills or qualifications to be a virtual assistant.
If you have good language skills, it helps a lot but this isn't necessary as most virtual assistants only communicate by email or chat.
What is the difference between being a virtual assistant and working from home on a freelance basis?
When you're a virtual assistant, you don't have to do everything yourself. You provide a service which is then outsourced to someone else (hopefully cheaper than your salary). For example you could be asked to help organize an event – but instead of doing it all yourself, you could delegate it to a local student who's happy to do it for less money.
How do I get started?
The first step is usually to contact a virtual assistant company with an online application form. You'll have to give an email address and pick a password (this is for security purposes). You'll also need to upload a copy of your CV and then try not to think about it until they get back in touch.
What will I get paid to do?
Most people start out doing part-time work as a virtual assistant. However, some companies will try to find you full-time work. How much you get paid depends on what you're doing and how well you do it. It may also depend on the type of virtual assistant company you're looking for.
What are the benefits of being a virtual assistant?
The main benefit is that it's flexible. You get to work when you want and how much you want. You can also choose to work online, in an office environment or a mixture of both.
How do I get paid?
You'll get paid into your bank account or by check. Don't forget to set up a standing order so you don't forget to pay your taxes!
Will I need any special equipment?
You'll need reliable broadband at home, as well as a phone and computer with internet access and good writing skills. Most virtual assistant companies offer their own training – if they don't, there are many freelance writers who can help you improve your writing style.
Virtual Assistant Tips
- Know what to expect.
- Research companies using reputable business directories.
- Have your skills and experience in mind.
- Create a business plan.
- Put systems in place.
- Be professional from the start.
9. Rent Out Your Car on Turo
We've all thought about renting our car on a peer-to-peer rental website for the heck of it, but is it really worth the cost? We break down who should and shouldn't rent their car on Turo to help you make up your mind.
Turo is a peer-to-peer car renting marketplace with over 6 million cars on its platform. All of the drivers are rated by other users and each one has a listing for renting or selling their used vehicles on Turo. All renters can rate their drivers as well – giving them a rating out of five stars – and drivers can rate their renters to receive feedback in return.
Is it worth renting your car on Turo?
If you've got a relatively new car, then renting it out on Turo might not be such a bad idea. You’ll need to make sure that your car is in good enough condition to rent out .
- Before renting your car out, you’ll want to consider these factors. Is this a new car? If so then it is subject to the Turo insurance deductible. This amount is $1,000 for vehicles under $50,000 new and it’s up to $2,500 for vehicles over that amount.
- Are there any major problems with the car? If so, then it will be harder to rent your car out, and people may not want to rent it. You’ll need to check the vehicle history report for the car. The Turo insurance inspector will also look at this report and give you a recommendation on how likely people are to deposit money with you.
- Does the car have dents or scratches? If so then you could offer a discount to someone who rents out your car.
- How do the tires look? If they are bald or worn out then you’ll want to be prepared to pay more.
- Are the windows and lights working properly? You need to make sure that this is okay before you rent your car out.
- How much is the gas and oil, oil change and tire rotation going to cost? In order for the rental rate to reflect this, you should know how much this is going to cost.
- If your car needs maintenance, such as a new computer or navigation unit, you’ll have to factor this into the price of the rental. If you aren’t confident with your own mechanical skills, then you might want to go see a mechanic and ask them what repairs they would recommend to keep your car running smoothly.
As a bonus tip: try to get your car checked for mechanical issues before renting it out. Make sure that there are no issues with the transmission or engine that would make it difficult to drive. Also make sure that there are no engine problems that make it hard to put fuel in the car.
How much money you can make renting your car on Turo depends on a variety of factors including type of car, length of rental, and location. In general, it can be anywhere from $10 to $80 per day.
Turo is not the only peer-to-peer rental website out there. You can also rent your car on Getaround or RelayRides.
Renting Out Your Car Tips
- Log into your Turo account and fill out your car's listing.
- Compare the different estimates.
- Set a pick-up and drop-off time-frame that works for you.
- Fill out important information like license plates, mileage, and coverage details.
- Set a price for your rental.
- Touch base with interested renters using Turo messaging.
- Arrange details of rental and follow-up with Turo messaging after booking.
10. Graphic Designing
Freelance graphic design is one of those lucrative side hustles for women that can be as fun or as challenging as you make it. If you're looking for a way to make a few extra bucks on the side – or even to replace your 9-to-5 job with a more flexible gig – this is the career for you.
The graphic design industry is thriving and there are many high demand graphic design skills needed in the industry. Graphic design careers in web, print and interactive space are increasing.
Graphic designers create all sorts of visuals for different purposes, ranging from advertisements to brochures.
Graphic designer is a very popular job for the following reasons:
- The job outlook for graphic designer jobs is excellent. It has been rated one of the fastest growing careers.
- The required skills are not too difficult to master and requires creativity, imagination and logical thinking.
- Being a web designer is very lucrative as it gives you creative freedom to play with colors, elements and other aspects of design.
- You can be a freelancer or work in a large company.
Whether you want to create logos for local businesses, design websites or apps, or create logos for women-owned businesses, you'll need some creative skills.
What Graphic Designers Need to Know
The ability to think visually – A freelance graphic designer needs to be able to visualize how something will look before it's created.
An eye for detail – Good graphic designers don't just see things as they are, but as they could be. They're able to take a concept and transform it into something new.
Strong computer skills – A freelance graphic designer must be familiar with the latest software, including Photoshop.
Technical skills – Freelance graphic designers need to know how to use HTML and CSS. These essential programming languages allow you to understand how websites work and how you can modify their layout.
The first thing we have to look at when discussing how to become a freelance graphic designer (or any kind of artist for that matter) is the money. This is always a scary topic because it's hard to make sure you're getting a fair price for all the work you do.
The money part is always hard. How do you know how much to charge? How do you know you're getting a fair price? Just like any other job, your salary and expectations will be based on the amount of work you're delivering, what your peers are making and whether or not the cost is justified.
Most people familiar with graphic design tend to talk about 3 different types of graphic designers. There's the freelancer or moonlighter who works a day job, there are those who bill hourly and there is the rare individual who gets paid project by project.
Freelancers and moonlighters bill on a project by project basis. Hourly billing is rare in the world of graphic design because it can be a lot of work.
If you have a natural talent for art and an interest in using your passion to earn money, you can turn your love of graphic design into a lucrative side hustle.
Graphic Designer Tips
- Learn basic design principles.
- Understand your clients and their business.
- Develop your portfolio to show off your skills.
- Design for social media.
- Find freelance graphic designer jobs on Upwork or Fiverr.
11. Selling Handmade Products
Do you have a skill that you're passionate about? If you have something handmade that you're making as a hobby, why not turn it into something that'll bring you extra money? A lot of people have hobbies that can be turned into a money-making business. We all know how much time and effort goes into making handmade items, so if you're already working on creating a product, then there's no need to reinvent the wheel.
Chances are you're already making something and then selling it in the real world, whether that's homemade jewelry, baked goods, or vintage items. The easiest way to get started selling that handmade item online is to package it up in a pretty online shop, so people can find you.
What Do You Need To Do To Create a Handmade Shop?
It's easier than ever to sell handmade products online, thanks to the internet. The first thing you need is a website or blog that offers an online storefront for all of your items. This can be as simple as a few photos of your products on Etsy, a Facebook store, or even a Pinterest page where people can follow your boards and buy from you. You'll want to make sure that it has secure checkout and easy shipping options so people can feel confident making purchases from you.
An Etsy store is one of the most popular places to sell handmade products. It's easy to build a store on Etsy, as they walk you through the process from start to finish. You can also get help from other sellers on Etsy who have experience with online shops, so you can get tips and tricks along the way.
If you don't want to deal with building your own website or setting up a Facebook store, there are places where you can sign up for an account and start selling right away.
Big Cartel is one of the best places for artists and designers to sell their products. They provide a fair marketplace where you can sell your handmade items online with ease. There are so many options for you to choose from, whether you want to pick something from their thousands of premade designs or create something completely original from scratch.
If you'd rather not build a website, then Etsy has plenty of options, which are easy to use and can be customized as needed.
Selling Your Handmade Products
Once you have a place where people can find your products online, then it's time to start marketing. The best way to get the word out about your handmade products is by getting social. Share your items on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest and get in touch with people who are interested in what you're selling.
Another way to market your homemade goods is by blogging about them. Blogging is huge right now, since so many people are looking for unique products that make their life a little easier.
You can write about your favorite products, how you use them, or how you created them. You can also feature other handmade sellers on your blog so people know that there's a community they can join if they want to sell handmade items.
Another way to build traffic to your blog is to do guest blogging for other websites. This means that you'll write an article for someone else's blog and feature your own handmade products in the post.
Selling Handmade Product Tips
- Use social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter to post pictures of your products, customers wearing them and what gives your handmade product such a unique advantage over the others in the market.
- Use hashtags to get exposure.
- Develop a schedule for posting images of your items.
- Consider joining social sites like Pinterest where you can post crafts and patterns for people to access.
- Join groups that are related to your handmade product.
- Be aware of the competition and what they're doing.
- When telling people about your products, make sure that the images really speak for themselves. Let your product or business speak for itself instead of using a lot of words. People typically do not like being talked down to – they want to see a beautiful image and then find out more about.
12. Take Surveys for Actual Money
Surveys are an easy way to make some extra cash, and they're one of the few ways you can make money while doing something you're already doing. Surveys are a great way to get a little extra money for something you would otherwise do for free, like shopping, watching TV, or surfing the web. The amount of money you can make with surveys will probably vary depending on the length of the survey and the questions you are asked, but in general you should be able to make between $1-5 for every survey you take.
A survey should pay you anywhere from $5-100 per hour, depending on the type and length of the survey. This means that if you complete enough surveys, these little extra earnings will add up quite a bit over time. You can enroll in as many surveys as you like and forget about them for about ten minutes, then come back and do another one or ten more surveys until it's time to stop for the day.
What types of surveys for money can you take?
There are many different types of surveys you can take, and more are being added all the time. Most survey companies want their clients to fill out their surveys on a broad level, so you'll see surveys for product manufactures, retailers, and others. If you're more into watching TV or buying things online, then there are surveys for those too! You have to look for the ones that say “survey for money” or “paid survey.
The first thing is to sign up for the survey site you want to join. Most of them have some sort of sign up process that requires you to answer a series of questions about your background, as well as what you're looking for on the site. Some require you to register an account before you can take surveys. Others require you to register before you can get started. Your goal is to find the easiest sign up process, and then choose the site that offers the survey incentives that are best for you.
If you don't have a lot of time, or if you can't commit to a full-time job, taking surveys might be a good alternative. There are a ton of websites out there that offer surveys, and they're all looking for women to help them research various topics.
Taking Surveys For Money Tips
- Do your research BEFORE you start the survey (when you don't know what type of questions to expect).
- Be patient if you get disqualified (not everyone will qualify for each survey).
- Give honest answers.
- Wait for your money to be processed (it can take a few weeks).
13. Run Errands
If you like going from place to place, maybe you should consider the possibility of making income by running errands for others. Whether on your own or using one of the helpful online services out there, being able to get paid while helping people is a great way to make a living.
There are many websites and apps out there that can connect you with opportunities in your area and you could start doing one or two jobs per week.
Running Errands Resources
TaskRabbit is a company that hires people to do odd jobs for money. They can be handymen, movers, or cleaners. All of the tips go directly to the employee and their hourly rate depends on how skilled they are.
2. Food Delivery Apps:
There are several food delivery apps with the most popular being DoorDash, Uber Eats, GrubHub and Postmates. With food delivery service apps, customers order through the app from local restaurants. Food delivery drivers in the area are notified of a delivery they can accept. Once a delivery is accepted, the driver picks up the food and delivers it to the customer. Tipping is also done through the app. A driver can choose which deliveries to accept and when to be available for work.
Instacart is a revolutionary grocery delivery service exclusive to major cities. As one of their independent contractors, you get paid approxmately $25/hour to deliver groceries on your own time and schedule. You can only apply if you're living near an Instacart city, though!
Shipt is an online grocery shopping app. When you accept a shopping job with Shipt, you’ll be responsible for picking out produce, getting items off the shelves, keeping them cool, and delivering them on time. But Shipt is one of the more higher-paying jobs on this list (close to $22 per hour) with availability in most major cities.
5. Amazon Flex
Amazon Flex offers a convenient and flexible way to earn money with your own car. You can choose from popular time blocks like 2 hours for $36-50, or take an 8 hour block for $120. The best part? You get to use your schedule!
14. Manage Social Media Accounts
Social media marketing can be a lot of fun and you can work from home.
Companies hire full-time employees to manage social media. These “digital marketers” are trained to understand different types of social media and the best way to use them.
These professionals create content that reaches audiences through different platforms – Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blogs etc.
They know how to build relationships with potential customers. They are tasked with creating a strong presence for their company on social media channels.
As social media evolves, digital marketers adapt and find new ways to communicate with their target audience.
In today's business world, the job of a social media manager is more demanding than ever before.
Manage Social Media Account Tips
- Start by creating a plan.
- Create your brand strategy.
- Build your network.
- Create content.
- Engage with your audience.
- Measure success and build on it.
15. Clean Houses
Can you make good money cleaning houses? Yes, but it really depends on how much you charge. If you charge a fair price and you're willing to do some marketing for your services, then you can clean houses full time and make a decent living.
Many people who are cleaning houses do so part time to supplement an existing income. You can make this work by offering different services than a house cleaning service such as: cleaning basements, mops, offices, garages, and other smaller spaces; organizing closets and rooms; running errands for people; collecting toys for children who have lost them; picking up prescriptions at pharmacies or delivering them to doctors; pet sitting (sometimes this is called “pet services”) and grooming pets.
Residential cleaning is a good business because you can clean any size house for any price. The average home cleaning is about $200 for a 3-4 hour job.
If you work for a company, then your prices are set by the company—and that means you're not going to make any money on larger houses.
Another advantage is that it's tough to mess this up. There's no inventory, suppliers or delivery people to worry about. You also don't have to worry about getting collections and tangled up in bad debt.
If you want to know how to start a cleaning business, then there are several things that you need to bear in mind:
Business name ideas
You should decide on a business name that is easy to remember and catchy, as this will help your company stand out.
You can add something to the name that will make your business unique, such as adding “professional or green”.
If you are going to go with a simple name for your business, then you should also make sure that it is easy to spell and easy to remember.
Once you have chosen a name for your business, you should create a business plan.
The business plan will help you to figure out exactly what is involved in starting and running your own cleaning business, and also it will give you an idea of how much money you are likely to earn through the business.
You should start by thinking about exactly what kind of cleaning that you want to specialize in, and then decide on a target market. Although it’s possible to offer a full range of services, it’s best to narrow your range so that you can better focus on quality.
You should also think about the equipment and tools that you will need, so that you can work out exactly what it is going to cost to get started.
You can then use this information to write a business plan, which should help you decide how much money you are going to need for your business, and also how much money you are likely to earn.
Starting a Cleaning Business
Once you have decided on a name for your business and created your business plan, you should consider how you are going to start it.
You can either start by finding and training people to work for you, or by placing an ad in the papers. If you prefer, however, then you can also consider starting by getting clients direct from the media. You should aim to advertise yourself in newspapers, Internet sites or television channels that will appeal to local customers.
Cleaning House Tips
- Have customers lined up.
- Build a good team.
- Be prepared for negotiation when starting out.
- Determine your rates.
- Know what cleaning services you will provide.
- Be sure that you have enough supplies and equipment to clean a house on your own.
- Start with the basic cleaning procedures and then move on to the more complicated ones as you gain experience.
16. Charging Scooters
If you ever wanted to be your own boss, this is a great place to start, as you can work as much or as little as you want. There are a few options you can choose from, but one of the most lucrative ones (and by lucrative we're talking up to $400 dollars a day, depending on how hard you work) is working with plug-in electric scooters.
Charging scooters is a great way to make extra money. The most important part of this side hustle is finding scooters to charge. But the good news is that the more you charge scooters, the more you will naturally attract scooters that need to be charged. To get started, all you need is a smartphone, a scooter, and a charging station. If you own a scooter, you have the first two. Scooter charging stations can be found at most hardware stores and are relatively cheap.
How much do you make charging scooters?
The main scooter companies are Bird and Lime. On average, they payout anywhere from $3 to $12 per scooter charged with the average around $5. It is possible to make more if the scooter is hard to locate.
What's nice about this business is that you can work with scooters from any scooter company, as long as they have removable battery packs.
You can charge scooters in your spare time, in the morning before work, after work, or at night. It's important to become familiar with how much trips cost (usually around $1) and how the payment system works. Once you learn this information, it will be easier to find scooters that need charging.
Check out the scooter business and do some research before you start. By being prepared, you will increase your chances of success!
Charging Scooter Tips
- Install the app Street Charge and set up your login profile.
- Choose to be a charger or a host.
- Search available scooters near-by.
- See which scooter is available for charging.
- Approve or decline the charge request after verifying that you can take it.
- Use your own charger or borrow one of theirs.
- Connect the charger to the scooter and start charging!
17. Teaching a Group Fitness Class
Here’s some tips for teaching a group fitness class:
- Select your target audience – Remember that you want this group class to bring in more clients for you so think about who these people might be and what they need. A good estimate is 10-20 attendees in any given class, which will explain why it's sometimes hard for instructors to offer free classes often.
- Offer an introductory class – This is especially important for those doing a private gym membership where you only want one or two members per class. In a group fitness class, you can offer the no-charge special and this will ensure those who come sign up for future classes.
- Get the right people to come to your classes – Selecting the right people to attend your class is just as important as selecting the right equipment or space to do it in. You want people who are interested in what you have to offer, so make sure your advertisements for the class are suitable to that audience. If your class is based around a particular product, then make sure you promote that product in your advertisements.
- Early birds and night owls – A great way to get the word out about your class is to offer a pre-paid package for those coming into 3 or more classes within a week or month. These people are often the ones who can’t wait to get their workouts in, so sometimes they’ll come to your class even if they don’t have the best intentions. For those who are coming in later in the day, or waking up at all hours, you might want to offer a class that is specifically for them. Sometimes these late night classes can help tired people get a good workout without having to wait for 9am classes.
- Offer a discount to new members – Just because a person is new to your gym doesn’t mean they don’t have money. In fact, many people love the benefits of a workout class and will pay more than your imagined membership fee. If you offer them a special deal for their first month, then you’ll know that they are serious about taking part in whatever it is that you offer.
- Promote yourself as a teacher – When you teach a group fitness class, there is a lot of information and exercises that you need to know before you go into the session. Although it’s great to have participants who are ready to participate, it can be difficult to remember everything you want them to do. On top of that, there is always the chance that they don’t understand how all of the equipment works or how they fit into the routine. So, make sure that you have a website and social media pages that promote yourself as a fitness teacher. This is another reason why you should offer a special introductory class for people who are new to your gym and this way they can get familiar with the equipment.
Teaching a Group Fitness Class Tips
- Write engaging session names.
- Keep a high energy level.
- Add variety to your classes.
- Enlist the help of an assistant for some of the instruction.
- Step out of the class to encourage and motivate participants as they work through it.
- Keep track of attendance at each class and number of classes attended by participants and give a small prize to those who come along consistently.
- Never stop marketing yourself and your classes.
Side hustles are becoming increasingly popular for women in today's workforce.
They offer an opportunity to explore different aspects of your passions and work that you may not have the time or resources to pursue during the day.
There are also some really creative ways for women to earn money outside of their 9-5, whether it be through starting a small business, or doing freelancing gigs, there are many opportunities out there for women to make money doing things they love.